As actions are taken across the country to reduce the spread of COVID-19, a virus that spreads easily from close contact, the Bridging the Gap team uses their professional judgment to determine when, where, and how to provide care. In an effort to keep everyone safe, Bridging the Gap begins by screening themselves before coming into your home. We ask that you do the same. Starting immediately, we will start each day with a wellness and temperature check. If the teammate has a temperature over 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, they will cancel all appointments via phone calls or text messages until their symptoms have passed and remain in quarantine for fourteen (14) days. During the time while your therapist is on restriction, Bridging the Gap will do their best to create solutions for time and need within twenty-four (24) hours. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the safest care, and we are using the newest guidelines at all times.
The “New Norm” of In-home Health Care
• Phone call or text message on each day you have an appointment scheduled that asks for your temperature, general health, and serves as a confirmation
• A Bridging the Gap teammate will arrive, sanitize their hands, come with face mask on, new gloves will be put on in sight of you.
• The equipment used will be new for you and left with you for repeated use by only you. Any smaller pieces will be sanitized before coming into your home and sanitized again at the end of your session.
Video Session Expectations
• In the extreme cases, where COVID-19 transmission places you at a high risk of infection, we are fully prepared to offer sessions over technology. We utilize whatever technology you are comfortable with. If you currently do not have a device for video conferencing, one will be provided for you.
• Exercise via video conferencing is not like the hands on we normally offer. However, it is the best answer in this time of need. We will always be on time and engaged through our time with you. We will ignore our phones and ask you do the same.
• Ask about our group sessions if you’re interested!
This is, of course, a changing situation day by day. We will always adhere to the current CDC Guidelines, California regulations, and rules set forth by residential facilities. See our liability waiver for the most updated info.
Copyright © 2021 Bridging The Gap - All Rights Reserved.